BARBADOS (Naked Departure) — Deeper into the rabbit hole will unravel what “cahoots” are being masterminded at the expense of Bajans “suffering”. (DAY #14 without a drop of water from the tap).
It is not about what you say but about what you do…
WHAT YOU SAY…
Drought, low Levels, Brackish water, high levels of contaminants (nitrate 2008), leakages, old mains, pump failures, re-routing to sustain other reservoir levels, CLIMATE CHANGE, inadequate water tenders and crews. REFUTED CLAIMS to any relation to sudden deaths….etc etc
WHAT YOU DO…
BUILT a multi million headquarters. Show lack of urgency in establishing a reverse osmosis plant (Canadian assisted $40 MIL). Entertaining DESALINATION PLANTS (???$$$$ FOR GENERATIONS). Fail to contain “water issues” now seemingly going “NATIONAL RURALLY” Promote a narrative of drought yet… Piggy back on the Climate Change agenda as a means to an end Closed wells that have become SALTY. Wait for Customs clearance of water tenders WHILE people thirst by the minute/hour/day /week.. Fail to disclose contaminants found in water. EMPLOYED A VERY TRAINED COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST… (QUESTIONING EVERY STATEMENT n pickn ma teet) embarrass the nation …“Certainly the pollution level is too high and the people [in Canada] are asking what is the Barbados Government doing about it,” he said. “So we just want to know what is the position of Government and is it still important for the Government? ….Canadian High Commission
“I have a very perfect response to what you are saying but it is not for this occasion and therefore I am going to do, unlike our compatriots on the West Indies team, I am going to let that ball pass outside the off stump and go to the wicket keeper,” ….Minister of Finance
WHAT MUST BE DONE EXPEDITIOUSLY.
1. ALLOW NO ONE to influence sound decision making in the positive interest of the nation water supply.
2. REVISIT contractual agreements that are of detriment to sound decision-making protocols.
3. RETURN WATER SUPPLY TO ALL CUSTOMERS immediately, if not feasible at this time then a stringent TIMELY scheduled of “rationed supply” be shared across the board including those of gated communities, commercial districts, and tourism sectors.
4. ESTABLISH WATER PURIFICATION PLANTS …(NOT ONLY DESALINATION PLANTS) until such a time that contaminants are considerably reduced and or eliminated.
5. IN CONJUNCTION WITH the Ministry of health, identify all contaminants found in water and issue an IMMEDIATE BAN on the importation and use of such chemicals.
6. RE-ESTABLISH THE VILLAGE PIPES.
7. RETURN to natural filtration for sound water quality.
IT IS TIME FOR THOSE IN THE KNOW TO SPEAK OUT.
Is it true that 30% of our water is drinkable? Is the situation even greater than any of us really know? Tell us the status of wells, contaminants being found. IS THERE AN INDEPENDENT BODY THAT CAN DO ANALYSIS AND DISCLOSE IT TO THE PUBLIC? WHO tends to benefit?
GOD SENDS RAIN TO THE JUST AND UNJUST. Anonymous